Fish 2.0 for Seafood Ventures
All businesses that enter Fish 2.0 gain valuable insights from investors and experts to improve their ventures. In the process, they also compete for opportunities to pitch and present to a unique global network of investors and potential supply-chain partners who can help them grow.
What will I get out of participating in Fish 2.0?
Fish 2.0 helps you get your business ready for investors, integrate impacts into your venture;s strategy, and present your ideas effectively to investors and partners. Businesses that demonstrate investment readiness will have multiple opportunities to connect with potential investors and partners in their region and globally.
If you participate in a Headstart/Hub event, you will leave with:
- Training and direct support to clarify, improve, and communicate your business values to investors.
- A short, tailored business pitch that you can share with investors.
- Guidance on participating and succeeding in Fish 2.0.
- You will also be able to join a regional networking event with investors and seafood industry leaders who want to hear about innovative ventures, like yours.
Ventures that continue on to participate in the online competition will benefit even more from:
- Candid feedback from investors and technical experts (each enterprise is reviewed by 3-5 investors during the competition).
- Guidance on how to improve your pitch and how to position your business for growth.
- Visibility and validation for your business among interested investors, customers, and partners.
- Knowledge about how to integrate environmental and social impacts and sustainability into your strategy.
- You are not required to attend a Headstart/Hub or workshop event in order to participate in the online competition. You must, however, meet eligibility requirements for the track you are participating in.
How do I know if I am eligible?
Each year, Fish 2.0 organizes its competitors into several tracks that are based on the interests of the Fish 2.0 investor network and sponsors. A seafood venture that is located in a specific region or focused on a specific segment of the seafood sector can participate in one of these tracks.
- Find out if a Fish 2.0 track is currently open in your region and if it’s a good match for your business.
- If you’ve found the right track for your venture and are eligible, then you can apply to attend a Fish 2.0 regional workshop or just sign up directly for the online competition. Details are on the web page for each track.
Spread the word
Download and share this 1-page summary with your colleagues and contacts. Help us grow the Fish 2.0 network.
Hear directly from 2015 competitors on what they got out of Fish 2.0, what they wish they had known before the competition, and tips on how to maximize the myriad opportunities that come with being a member of the Fish 2.0 network.