Fish 2.0 for Seafood Ventures
Businesses participate in Fish 2.0 to gain valuable insights from investors and experts on how to improve their venture. In the process, they also compete for opportunities to pitch and present to a unique global network of investors and potential supply-chain partners who can help them grow.
What will I get out of participating in Fish 2.0?
Fish 2.0 helps you get your business ready for investors, integrate impacts into your venture's strategy, and present your ideas effectively to investors and partners. Businesses that demonstrate investment readiness will have multiple opportunities to connect with potential investors and partners in their region and globally.
If you participate in a Fish 2.0 Workshop / Investor reception, you will get:
- Training and direct support to clarify, improve, and communicate your business values to investors.
- A short, tailored business pitch that you can share with investors.
- Guidance on participating and succeeding in Fish 2.0.
- You will also be able to pitch at a regional networking event with investors and seafood industry leaders who want to hear about innovative ventures, like yours.
If you participate in the online competition, you will benefit in many additional ways:All ventures that enter the Fish 2.0 online competition and meet a minimum score requirement will get:
- Feedback and guidance from a range of engaged and experienced investors on your opportunity and how you are presenting it, so you can optimize your presentation to investors.
- An opportunity to pitch at the Fish 2.0 Global Innovation Forum, to be held in Silicon Valley in October or November 2019.
- Access to "Fish 2.0 Connect" - our online connection platform which will be launched in January 2019. This will allow you to start making connections with business partners and investors in advance of and following our Fish 2.0 Global Innovation Forum and other Fish 2.0 in-person events.
- Visibility and validation for your business among interested investors, customers, and partners.
- Knowledge about how to integrate environmental and social impacts and sustainability into your strategy.
You are not required to attend a workshop to participate in the online competition. You must, however, meet eligibility requirements for the track you are participating in.
Please note that if you would like to remain more private about the work you are doing, then the public pitching is not obligatory - you can still use the events and online connection platform (where company names are not listed openly) to make connections and build your own network.
How do I know if I am eligible?
Each year, Fish 2.0 organizes its competitors into several tracks that are based on the interests of the Fish 2.0 investor network and sponsors. A seafood venture that is located in a specific region or focused on a specific segment of the seafood sector can participate in one of these tracks.
- Find out if a Fish 2.0 track is currently open in your region and if it’s a good match for your business.
- If you’ve found the right track for your venture and are eligible, then you can apply to attend a Fish 2.0 regional workshop or just sign up directly for the online competition. Details are on the web page for each track.
Spread the word
Download and share this 1-page summary with your colleagues and contacts. Help us grow the Fish 2.0 network.
Hear directly from 2015 competitors on what they got out of Fish 2.0, what they wish they had known before the competition, and tips on how to maximize the myriad opportunities that come with being a member of the Fish 2.0 network.
Alaska Marine Conservation Council