U.S. Aquaculture Track
Apply now to participate in the East Coast or Gulf Coast workshops as an entrepreneur, investor or expert.
Or sign up for updates on the West Coast event, or online competition to come.
1. All U.S. based aquaculture and aquaculture-related seafood businesses are eligible – from all 50 states.
2. Start-up, early stage, and established businesses may participate.
3. Ventures must be revenue generating or expect to be revenue generating. They should be seeking either investment or business/industry partnerships, not grant funding.
4. Businesses may be involved in any aspect of sustainable aquaculture in the United States including, but not limited to:
- Finfish or shellfish production and related supply chains and technologies.
- Algae production and related supply chains and technologies.
- Aquaponics production and related supply chains and technologies.
- Offshore, nearshore or land-based aquaculture.
- Fish feeds that remove pressure from wild fisheries.
- Disease management and control.
- Reduction of waste in aquaculture.
- Other innovations that will grow sustainable aquaculture in the U.S.
WORKSHOPS & INVESTOR EVENTS - APPLY NOW for the Gulf or East Coast events
For this track, Fish 2.0 will be running three segments, each with its own workshop and investor event, followed by a corresponding online competition.
U.S. Aquaculture businesses that are interested in growing, creating business relationships with other ventures, seafood experts, government leaders and investors should plan on attending one of three workshops. US aquaculture ventures may apply to any of the 3 workshops or online competition segments. Priority at each workshop will be offered to businesses from the region:
Investors, Government, and Industry experts interested in learning more about U.S aquaculture are invited to attend the business presentations and networking event on the second day of each regional event.
Our events are free of charge but you must apply or register below to attend. Space is limited.
View a typical agenda for this workshop and investor event.
East Coast Event - Baltimore, Maryland
When: November 7-8, 2018
Where: UMBC Columbus Center, Baltimore, MD
View the flyer for the Baltimore workshop (PDF) for more details.
Gulf Coast Event - Ocean Springs, Mississippi
When: February 12-13, 2019
Where: Gulf Coast Research Laboratory, Ocean Springs, MS
View the flyer for the Gulf Coast workshop (PDF) for more details.
West Coast event (including Hawaii and Alaska) - Seattle, WA
Details on specific dates and locations of the Seattle workshop will be available here soon.
Want to be notified when the online competition for this track opens, or when applications open for the West Coast workshops?
Enter your name and email below and click send.
- All finalists reaching a required score threshold will be invited in early 2019 to join our new Fish 2.0 online connection platform to connect with business partners and investor
- Top scoring finalists will be invited to pitch at the Fish 2.0 Global Innovation Forum in Silicon Valley in late 2019. All other finalists will be invited to attend and network at the event.
- Read stories from competitors - how past participants have gained from Fish 2.0
- Listen to competitors explain why you should participate, and what they wish they had known before.
Learn more about the aquaculture sector
The U.S. Aquaculture track is made possible thanks to the support of: