Global Tuna Track
Apply now to participate in the Fish 2.0 Global Tuna track online competition.
Join Fish 2.0 if if you are a tuna-related seafood enterprise interested in growing your venture by meeting investors and new business partners. Seafood ventures from any country may participate.
TRACK FOCUS AND ELIGIBILITY
The Fish 2.0 Global Tuna track is for companies whose products, technologies and/or services will advance the wild capture tuna fisheries sector and/or its management, or result in improvements in any of the following:
- At-sea and/or dock-side monitoring and detection - reducing tuna-related IUU fishing
- Tuna fishing and trade data collection and sharing in support of better fisheries management.
- Increase the value of and/or market access for wild capture tuna landings (to allow higher value, sustainable products to enter the supply chains from producing countries and be efficiently linked to markets that value those products).
- At-sea reduction in plastics use associated with tuna fishing.
- Increase yields of tuna at the point of capture or in supply chains, including by-catch and other waste reduction during processing or shipping.
- Reduce by-catch in tuna fisheries (e.g., seabirds, marine mammals, non-target tuna or seafood species).
- Increase the number of nationals working in the tuna industry in countries where tuna is sustainably sourced - in processing, management and/or harvest.
- Increase the economic and food security contributions of tuna catches to nations where harvesting takes place - without increasing fishing effort or the volume of tuna caught.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
There is no cost to participate in the online competition.
- Complete the Part 1 entry: October 28, 2018
- Complete the part 2 entry: December 10, 2018
Please note that if there is a workshop in your region, you may attend this workshop (see regional tracks for details). However, you do not have to attend an in-person workshop to enter the global online competition.
Learn more about the online competition and scoring
- All finalists reaching a required score threshold will be invited in early 2019 to join our new Fish 2.0 online connection platform to connect with business partners and investor
- Top scoring finalists will be invited to pitch at the Fish 2.0 Global Innovation Forum in Silicon Valley in late 2019. All other finalists will be invited to attend and network at the event.
- Read stories from competitors - how past participants have gained from Fish 2.0
- Listen to competitors explain why you should participate, and what they wish they had known before.
The Global Tuna track is made possible thanks to the support of: