Global Traceability and Transparency Track
Apply now to participate in the Fish 2.0 Global Traceability and Transparency track online competition.
Join Fish 2.0 if you are an innovator interested in growing your venture by meeting investors and new business partners. Seafood ventures from any country may participate.
TRACK FOCUS AND ELIGIBILITY
The Global Traceability and Transparency track is for companies whose products and/or services create solutions that advance the development, adoption and implementation of traceability in seafood supply chains and/or make seafood supply chains and best practices more transparent and more mainstream. These include any venture that will support one or more of the below impacts:
Expand supply chain transparency and compliance with regulations with improvements to one or more of the following areas:
- At-sea monitoring and detection of IUU fishing
- Compliance and enforcement of anti-IUU protocols (e.g., PSMA, EU Carding, SIMP).
- Dockside and other supply chain monitoring and detection of landings and/or products caught or supplied by IUU vessels.
- Transparency of worker conditions (at sea, on farms and in supply chains) to reduce labor abuses in the seafood industry.
- Reduction of fraud and mislabeling in seafood supply chains.
Expand traceability implementation, information, and benefits with improvements to one or more of the following areas:
- Companies’ ability to optimize purchasing and procurement of traceable seafood.
- Streamlined processes (e.g. reduce transaction costs, or wait times) during the import & export of seafood while maintaining traceability and transparency
- Standardization and/or interoperability of traceability systems and related platforms and tools for seafood supply chains.
- Interoperability of vessel tracking systems with fisheries compliance, monitoring, surveillance, and seafood traceability systems.
- Quality and/or availability of data for fisheries management.
- Fisher access to global supply chain actors supporting seafood traceability and transparency.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
There is no cost to participate in the online competition. Learn more about the online competition and scoring.
- Complete the Part 1 entry: October 28, 2018
- Complete the part 2 entry: December 10, 2018
Please note that if there is a workshop in your region, you may attend this workshop (see regional tracks for details). However, you do not have to attend an in-person workshop to enter the global online competition.
Learn more about the online competition and scoring
- All finalists reaching a required score threshold will be invited in early 2019 to join our new Fish 2.0 online connection platform to connect with business partners and investor
- Top scoring finalists will be invited to pitch at the Fish 2.0 Global Innovation Forum in Silicon Valley in late 2019. All other finalists will be invited to attend and network at the event.
- Read stories from competitors - how past participants have gained from Fish 2.0
- Listen to competitors explain why you should participate, and what they wish they had known before.
The Global Traceability and Transparency track is made possible thanks to the support of: