Global Aquaculture Innovation
Apply now to participate in the Fish 2.0 Global Aquaculture track online competition.
Join Fish 2.0 if you are an aquaculture innovator interested in growing your venture by meeting investors and new business partners. Seafood ventures from any country may participate.
TRACK FOCUS AND ELIGIBILITY
The Fish 2.0 Global Aquaculture Innovation track is for companies offering technologies, products, innovations and solutions that improve the growth, sustainability and profitability of aquaculture worldwide, reduce its impact on coastal and marine habitats, and improve sustainability and viability of land-based systems.
All innovators and established ventures worldwide may compete who have products or services that support any of the following impacts for aquaculture:
- Reduce and optimize the use of energy and/or water inputs to operations, making them less resource intensive (and hopefully more profitable).
- Reduce waste or pollution from facilities.
- Create and/or make available alternative, cost-effective fish feeds, fish oils, and nutritional elements that reduce, or eliminate, extraction of wild capture fish.
- Improve data collection and prediction systems that help producers optimize production, reduce inputs, improve adaptability and sustainability, or prepare for climate-related changes.
- Improve equipment, farm design or other inputs that can decrease an operation’s footprint on surrounding habitats (while maintaining or improving profitability).
- Prevent or reduce disease and related loss in systems or surrounding ecosystems (without compromising ecological health).
- Improve the sustainability and viability of land-based production systems.
- Improve the sustainability, yields and efficiency of aquaculture in any other way.
Note: The global breadth of this track does not allow individual seafood farms or production operations to compete. Innovations should be applicable to and transferable to other farms or operations.
If your venture is an individual aquaculture farming operation located in the US, the Pacific Islands or Australia, then you may qualify under one of our regional tracks.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
There is no cost to participate in the online competition. Learn more about the online competition and scoring.
- Complete the Part 1 entry: October 28, 2018
- Complete the part 2 entry: December 10, 2018
Please note that if there is a workshop in your region, you may attend this workshop (see regional tracks for details). However, you do not have to attend an in-person workshop to enter the global online competition.
Learn more about the online competition and scoring
- All finalists reaching a required score threshold will be invited in early 2019 to join our new Fish 2.0 online connection platform to connect with business partners and investor
- Top scoring finalists will be invited to pitch at the Fish 2.0 Global Innovation Forum in Silicon Valley in late 2019. All other finalists will be invited to attend and network at the event.
- Read stories from competitors - how past participants have gained from Fish 2.0
- Listen to competitors explain why you should participate, and what they wish they had known before.
Learn more about the aquaculture sector
The Global Aquaculture Innovation track is made possible thanks to the support of: