Apply now to participate as an entrepreneur, investor or expert.
The California track includes both a workshop in San Francisco in November, as well as a dedicated online competition which will launch on November 28. At each workshop, participating venture leaders will have an opportunity to pitch on Day 2 to a group of interested and supportive regional investors and experts - to jumpstart connection building. Workshop attendance is helpful, but not required, for online participation. Details and applications are below.
1. To be eligible, all businesses in this track must either
- Utilize or benefit California fishery resources, OR
- Benefit California seafood supply chains, OR
- Support ocean climate resilience in a way that would have a positive impact on California coasts.
2. Start-up, early stage and established businesses may participate.
3. Ventures must be revenue generating or expect to be revenue generating. They should be seeking either investment or business/industry partnerships, not grant funding.
4. Ventures may be involved in any aspect of seafood supply chains, climate resilience technologies or seafood production, harvesting and trade. Examples include, but are not limited to the following:
- Seafood production, trade and/or supply chains.
- Providing services for fisheries management.
- Technologies and business models that increase climate resilience for fisheries and fishing communities.
- Changing supply chains in ways that promote sustainability and local food systems.
- Creating new forms of seafood storage and logistics, consumer products, processes or products that reduce waste, ways to shorten seafood supply chains or provide local seafood to California consumers including CSFs and others, and other innovations are all eligible.
- Increasing transparency and/or traceability in seafood supply chains.
- Technology-based ventures are welcome and non-technology solutions are also eligible.
- Financial enterprises and investment/loan funds that support sustainable fisheries and seafood.
WORKSHOPS & INVESTOR / INDUSTRY EXPERT NETWORKING EVENT
California-based businesses that are interested in growing through investment or by creating new business relationships with other ventures, seafood experts, government leaders and investors should plan on attending this workshop.
Investors, Government, and Industry experts interested in learning more about Californian innovations in this sector are invited to attend the presentations and networking event on the second day. Fish 2.0 finalist alumni from 2013, 2015 and 2017 are also welcome to the reception.
Our events are free of charge but you must apply or register below to attend. Space is limited. All registrations will be confirmed to you in the weeks before the event.
California workshop and networking event
When: November 28-29, 2018
Where: SMTP Offices, 101 The Embarcadero, #118 (next to the Ferry Building) San Francisco, CA
View the California workshop flyer (PDF) for details. A general agenda is included here.
The online competition
The online competition will open on November 28, together with the start of the workshop.
Want to be notified when details become available? Enter your name and email below and click send.
Need to know more?
- Learn more about the online competition, including how it works and the scoring system.
- Read stories from competitors - how past participants have gained from Fish 2.0
- Listen to competitors explain why you should participate, and what they wish they had known before.
The California track is made possible thanks to the support of: