Why be an impact advisor?
Serving as an impact advisor for Fish 2.0 is a great way to learn about breakthrough businesses in the seafood sector while helping ventures improve their impacts. The more businesses you help, the more you will learn about this constantly evolving sector.
- All advising is done virtually.
- Impact advisors are assigned to entrants in the final phase of the competition, which means these businesses will have already been deemed interesting and viable by our online judges.
- Previous impact advisors have said Fish 2.0 is highly rewarding in the connections they made and the insights they gleaned.
What is involved?
Impact advisors must have expertise in resource conservation, social sustainability, environmental sustainability, metrics, or communications. It is not necessary to have business or investment experience. The impact advisor will guide a seafood business in how to better integrate and communicate social and environmental sustainability as part of its overall strategy.
- Impact advisors are needed at different periods during the year. Sign up below, and we will contact you to check your availability as opportunities arise.
- Each advisor must commit to offering a half hour of feedback to a selected business.
- You may advise 4-8 businesses (for a time commitment of 2 to 4 hours total).
How do I sign up?
Note: If you served as a Fish 2.0 impact advisor in 2017, we will contact you when the next round of advising approaches, to see if you are available during the advising periods.
- Complete the form below and tell us about your background, expertise, and the regions or seafood segments that are of particular interest to you.
- When impact advising opportunities open, we will email you to check your availability.
- Your time slot will be within a specific 4-week period of the competition, when the entrants are working on the impacts portion of their business plan.
- If you agree to participate, we will send you an email with details.