ACTING AS AN ADVISOR FOR FISH 2.0 VENTURES
Why be an advisor?
- It’s fun, it’s virtual, it does not take much time and you will learn!
- Gain insights into the issues and challenges breakthrough businesses are facing in the seafood sector.
- Use your business, investment or impact expertise to help ventures grow and create positive change.
- Did we mention that it’s fun? This is the number 1 comment we have heard back from previous year advisors.
How does it work?
- Fill out the form below and we will be in touch.
- All advising is done virtually.
- We will offer you a range of dates and times to serve as an advisor.
- We will set up an online meeting with you and one or two other advisors, during which a range of Fish 2.0 venture participants will ask their questions, and you can assist them with advice.
- You will be able to hear the advice offered by other experts as well as open dialogue with a range of businesses from around the globe or within a specific region.
What is involved?
We are seeking both impact and business advisors for 2018-19. The time commitment is under 2 hours – all in – including preparing materials for us in advance of the call and the call itself.
Business advisors must have at least 3 years of experience in successfully starting up and running a venture or investment experience– though seafood experience is not essential.
Impact advisors must have expertise in resource conservation, social sustainability, environmental sustainability, metrics, or communications. It is not necessary to have business or investment experience. The impact advisor sessions will guide seafood businesses in how to better integrate and communicate social and environmental sustainability as part of their overall strategy
How do I sign up?
Note: If you served as a Fish 2.0 advisor in 2017, we will contact you when the next round of advising approaches, to see if you are available during the advising periods.
- Complete the form below and tell us about your background, expertise, and the regions or seafood innovations that are of particular interest to you.
- When advising opportunities open, we will email you to check your availability.
- Your time slot will be within a specific 4-week period of the competition, when the entrants are working on the impacts portion of their business plan.
- If you agree to participate, we will send you an email with details.