GLOBAL INNOVATORS FORUM:
The Future of Seafood is Here
GLOBAL INNOVATORS FORUM - Stanford, California, Nov 5-6, 2019
The Fish 2.0 Global Innovators Forum brings seafood innovators, investors, and experts together for network building and frank discussions of hot topics in seafood. Plus, the Fish 2.0 Forty — the top-scoring businesses in this year's Fish 2.0 qualifying cycle — will pitch their innovations on stage.
It's the place to be for investors, seafood experts and growing seafood businesses to make connections that will transform the seafood industry. 100% of past Forum participants have said they would come again and recommend it to colleagues. Why?
- Almost $200 million has been invested into pitching Fish 2.0 businesses -just for 2017 participants
- Over $300 million has been invested into seafood businesses through connections made at the events since our 2013 launch.
- You will have provocative and inspiring discussions around the future of seafood and the oceans, eat great food and have fun.
Interested in participating?
- The Forum is by invitation only - no tickets are sold at the door. If you have received an invitation code, see Logistics below to register.
- If you are an investor or seafood industry leader interested in participating or learning more, please contact Monica Jain.
- Growing seafood businesses may only participate if they are one of the companies selected through the 2019 Fish 2.0 Readiness Assessment process.
What should I expect at the event?
There is no better place to meet a range of innovators from around the world, including the U.S, Australia, Brazil, Indonesia, Israel, Netherlands, Norway, the Pacific Islands, Philippines, Russia and the UK.
Areas of innovation in the seafood sector that you will hear about from the Fish 2.0 Forty:
- Aquaculture technology
- Aquaculture production, shellfish and finfish
- Packaging and storage
- Traceability for supply chains
- Quality control
- Waste reduction and seafood by-product use
- Climate change mitigation
- Algae, kelp and seaweed production and products
- Seafood trade and distribution
- Aquaculture disease control
- Consumer packaged goods
- Next generation fishing gear
Arrillaga Alumni Center, 326 Galvez Street, Stanford, CA 94305
In addition to the pitches, you will hear and engage with expert speakers on topics related to the future of the sustainable seafood industry and making good investments into it.
Confirmed speakers (to date)
- Adam Draper, Boost VC
- Alex Kopelyan, IndieBio
- Amy Novogratz, Aqua-Spark
- Andrew Beebe, Obvious Ventures
- Beyhan de Jong, Rabobank
- Clare Leschin-Hoar, Freelance Journalist
- Dan Pullman, Fresh Peaks Capital
- Dane Chauvel, Organic Ocean Seafood
- Diane Durance, UNCW Center for Innovation
- Frank McGrath, Oberon Securities
- Gabe Kleinman, Obvious Ventures
- Guy Dean, Organic Ocean Seafood
- Jacqueline Claudia, Love The Wild
- James Wright, Global Aquaculture Alliance
- Kelly Lucas, Thad Cochran Marine Aquaculture Center
- Leigh Moran, Calvert Impact Capital
- Michael Rubino, NOAA
- Mike Edelhart, Joyance Partners
- Mitchell Presser, Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer
- Monica Jain, Fish 2.0
- Paul Doremus, NOAA
- Patrick Hone, FRDC Australia
- Sara Rademaker, American Unagi
- Shally Shanker, AiiM Partners
- Tara Duggan, SF Chronicle
- Taryn Goodman, TPG Rise Fund
DAY 1 - Tuesday, Nov 58:00 amRegistration opens / Breakfast9:00Opening remarks: Proof that the future of seafood is here9:30The future of the seafood industry: Can innovation truly change the game?10:15Break10:45Innovations in seafood from around the globe – 19 pitches12:00Lunch1:30Navigating dilemmas around private profit from public funding and data sharing vs. privacy2:15Innovator Pitches (7): Innovations that give back to investors and the oceans3:00Break3:3020/20 Hindsight: Real talk from Fish 2.0 alumni companies about the early stage roller coaster of growing a seafood business4:15-6:30pmNetworking Reception.
DAY 2 - Wednesday, Nov 68:30 amForum Open / Breakfast8:45 amUnconference Breakfast Sessions10:00Break10:30Innovator Pitches (7): Cutting edge supply chain solutions and technologies11:15A Fish 2.0 Tale: Charting the course from connections to growth11:30Innovator Pitches (7): Advances in aquaculture production, technology and feeds12:15Lunch1:30The future of aquaculture: Can we keep it bright?2:15Buzz from the floor2:45Award announcements3 pmEvent closes
Dowload the detailed agenda (PDF)
Invitation and codes:The Forum is by invitation only.
If you are an investor or seafood industry leader interested in attending, please contact Monica Jain
If you have received an invitation code, click the orange button to go to Eventbrite, then click the green "Register" button and enter your code.
Event location:The 2 day event takes place at:
Arrillaga Alumni Center
326 Galvez Street
Stanford, CA 94305
click the MAP for details
Hotel information:Hotels in the Palo Alto area are booking fast for November, which is a busy time of year for events.
Click here for some suggestions on hotels in the area.