Global Tuna Track
The Global Tuna track is for seafood business interested in growing by meeting investors and new partners, or investors or industry leaders interested in the latest innovations in seafood.
Online "Readiness Assessment"
The track began accepting applicants to the online Readiness Assessment process in October 2018. The deadline for new applicants has now passed (it was May 19, 2019), and those that entered are currently being assessed by investors to see which qualify for the Fish 2.0 Global Innovators Forum, in November 2019.
- ELIGIBILITY (Click for details)
The Fish 2.0 Global Tuna track is for companies whose products, technologies and/or services will advance the wild capture tuna fisheries sector and/or its management, or result in improvements in any of the following:
- At-sea and/or dock-side monitoring and detection - reducing tuna-related IUU fishing
- Tuna fishing and trade data collection and sharing in support of better fisheries management.
- Increase the value of and/or market access for wild capture tuna landings (to allow higher value, sustainable products to enter the supply chains from producing countries and be efficiently linked to markets that value those products).
- At-sea reduction in plastics use associated with tuna fishing.
- Increase yields of tuna at the point of capture or in supply chains, including by-catch and other waste reduction during processing or shipping.
- Reduce by-catch in tuna fisheries (e.g., seabirds, marine mammals, non-target tuna or seafood species).
- Increase the number of nationals working in the tuna industry in countries where tuna is sustainably sourced - in processing, management and/or harvest.
- Increase the economic and food security contributions of tuna catches to nations where harvesting takes place - without increasing fishing effort or the volume of tuna caught.
The Global Tuna track is made possible thanks to the support of: