PALO ALTO, California -- Seafood startup competition Fish 2.0 has named eight startups as its latest crop of winners. Each will receive a $5,000 cash prize.
The competition, which was held for the third time on Nov. 7 and 8 at Stanford University, saw startups in eight tracks, which winnowed down from 39 finalists.
- US south Atlantic track: Panacea Oyster Co-op
- Chile and Peru track: Sustainable Fishery Trade; Lima, Peru
- New England track: Real Oyster Cult; Duxbury, Massachusetts, US
- Pacific Islands track: Didds Fishing Company; Honiara, Solomon Islands
- Southeast Asia track: EnerGia; Bangkok, Thailand
- West Coast and Alaska track: Northline Seafood; Sitka, Alaska, US
- Supply chain innovation track: NovoNutrients; Sunnyvale, California, US
- Transparency and traceability track: ThisFish Seafood Traceability; Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
- Short pitch competition winner: American Unagi; Thomaston, Maine
Tags: 2017 Finals