Supply Chain Innovation Track
This global Supply Chain Innovation track offers a range of opportunities and support for any business focused on changing seafood supply chains in favor of sustainability and local food systems, and who wishes to seek investment, make trade contacts and connect with Fish 2.0's global network sustainable seafood businesses and investors. Businesses from anywhere in the world may apply.
Who can participate in the Supply Chain Innovation Track?
Companies from around the world compete in Fish 2.0. For the Supply Chain Innovation track, the company must be:
- Any business that is changing supply chains in ways that promote sustainability or local food systems is eligible to enter in this track, from any country in the world.
- Businesses that are creating or have created new forms of seafood storage and logistics, consumer products, processes or products that reduce waste, new fish feeds for aquaculture, ways to shorten seafood supply chains or provide local seafood to consumers including CSFs and others, and other innovations are all eligible.
- Aquaculture production is NOT eligible under this track, but supply chains may include farmed seafood products.
- Start-up, early stage or established businesses can participate.
There is no cost to participate in Fish 2.0.
What will I get out of participating in Fish 2.0?
Fish 2.0 will help you to get your business ready for investors, and to meet investors who are interested in your business in your region
- Each enterprise will have its materials reviewed by 1-4 investors during the competition.
- You will be offered opportunities to work with investors who can advise you on how best to build your business idea and succeed in the competition and in gaining investment.
- Fish 2.0 receives significant media coverage in the seafood press and the popular press globally. See the News on the Fish 2.0 website.
- There is no site-specific workshop for this track, but webinars will be held throughout the competition to support participating ventures. These webinars are optional to attend, but provide value to the ventures.
What are my chances of winning?
- Fish 2.0 has a specific track just for Supply Chain Innovation Businesses. You will work with the same materials, process and feedback as all global businesses, but compete against the companies within your track to gain a spot at the Global Finals.
- All judging is done by investors, using standard criteria for viable businesses.
- Fish 2.0 offers a cash prize to the leading Supply Chain Innovation enterprise.
- Fish 2.0 guarantees up to five invitations and travel funds to attend and present your venture at the competition finals in California to the leading Supply Chain Innovation enterprises.
Supply Chain Innovation Track Resources
Fish 2.0 Investor Insights 2017. This one-page report focuses on the market dynamics and large market potential for Community-Supported Fisheries (CSF) in the U.S., and provides recommendations for how investors can help the sector grow.
Innovation in Fish Feeds
Fish 2.0 Investor Insights 2017. This one-page report details on the advantages and disadvantages of alternatives to traditional fish feeds, discusses the market opportunity for feeds as aquaculture expands, and provides specific examples of innovative technologies that investors should watch.
Seafood Supply Chain Graphic
This infographic was developed for the competition by Manta Consulting Inc to give participants an easy snapshot of the supply chain and where the competitors fit into it.