The Fish 2.0 Structure
The Fish 2.0 2017 competition runs throughout the year, and is conducted online so that seafood businesses anywhere in the world can participate. The competition has 4 phases, each of which provides resources as well as advisory or other support to all participants, then determines which companies are most ready to move on to the next phase. Click on the image below to download a one-page diagram of the structure of the 2017 Competition.
Applying to Fish 2.0
- All competitors register at the password-protected Fish 2.0 Hub, via the Fish 2.0 website
- Select your track and complete a Business Summary: 9 short questions about your business
- This phase is NOT scored or judged. It is designed to make sure your company is a good fit for the Fish 2.0 tracks and eligibility requirements
Your Business, Team, and Plans
- All businesses that are deemed eligible in Phase 1 will advance to this phase.
- Phase 2 questions are grouped into 5 categories (see scoring criteria). You must complete them by June 24, 2017.
- Investor judges will score your entry based on a Fish 2.0 standardized scale and provide brief feedback.
- Online webinars will be offered by Fish 2.0 to help with the preparation of your entries.
Your Impacts, Risks, and Investment Opportunities
- Phase 3 builds upon information you supplied in Phase 2 and asks more in-depth questions about the environmental and social impacts of your company, its growth potential, and opportunities for investment.
- Phase 3 competitors will be offered a chance to get feedback from a Business Advisor and/or an Impact Advisor as they prepare their entries.
- Investor judges will score your entry based on a Fish 2.0 standardized scale (see below) and provide brief feedback.
- Online webinars will be offered by Fish 2.0 to help with the preparation of your entries
Working on your Pitch and Presentation
- 40 finalists are selected to come to the Finals. Those invited will be the top scorers (combined scores for Phase 2 and Phase 3) in each track.
- One designated leader from each of the top 40 businesses will work with Fish 2.0 professional pitch coaching team (free of charge) during Phase 4 to prepare for their pitch at the Finals at Stanford.
- Judging in this phase is done at the Finals events by investor judges, and winners are selected there.
- ICX prizes will be announced two weeks after the Fish 2.0 Finals event.
Download 2017 Competition Documents: