The Scoring Criteria
The Fish 2.0 competition selects companies based on the scores they receive online from investors and business experts who serve as judges. The judges read and score each entry based on the information provided by a company, using a password-protected, online system.
- Judges will score your business twice: at the end of Phase 2 and at the end of Phase 3. The judges will give you a score AND feedback, to help you improve.
- You will be informed of the judging criteria at the start of each phase.
- You can receive up to 100 points in Phase 2, and up to 100 points in Phase 3, for a total of up to 200 points. The total points you receive determines your ranking within your track, and whether you can come to the Finals.
SCORING CRITERIA FOR PHASE 2
SCORING CRITERIA FOR PHASE 3
About the Questions and Scoring system
- Both established companies and start-ups have equal opportunities to win; all scores are relative to your business’ readiness for the investment you are seeking.
- In previous Fish 2.0 competitions, many companies that earned low scores in Phase 2 were able to earn higher scores in Phase 3 and still be selected as finalists and runners-up for the Finals.
- If you already have a clear plan, the Fish 2.0 questions will be easy to answer and take very little time
- If your plans are not yet clear, answering the Fish 2.0 questions may take longer but will help you advance your business in ways that you would otherwise have to work on in any case. ALL are standard questions that you must be able to answer to improve your business and talk successfully with investors.
- All answers to online questions and all pitches must be in English.
- All information must be entered online, in the Fish 2.0 Hub, before the deadlines. All deadline dates and times are provided in US Pacific time.
- You may submit your entry at any time in each phase. Early submission is recommended in case you have last minute internet or computer issues of any type. You may always change your entry at any time up to the deadline date, even if it is submitted.
- We encourage you to work together with your team to answer the questions.
- No late entries are ever accepted. Our system gathers the entries and assigns them to judges automatically at each deadline, so entrants can receive feedback quickly.
Download 2017 Competition Documents: