South Atlantic & Gulf Coast Shellfish/Crustaceans Track
This South Atlantic and Gulf Coast Track offers a range of opportunities and support for regional shellfish and crustaceans businesses (farmed, wild and their supply chains) who wish to seek investment, make trade contacts and connect with Fish 2.0's global network of sustainable seafood businesses and investors.
Who can participate in the South Atlantic & Gulf Coast Shellfish/Crustaceans Track?
Companies from around the world compete in Fish 2.0. For the shellfish/crustaceans-focused track, the company must be:
- Based in the United States, in the South Atlantic & Gulf Coast region (Alabama, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Texas, Virginia, and Washington, D.C.).
The company must be focused on one of the following:
- Open to any businesses in the above states involved in any aspect of the shellfish/crustaceans industry. (aquaculture, feed, harvest, food processing, transport, packaging, or regulatory).
All businesses including start-up, early stage or established businesses can participate.
There is no cost to participate in Fish 2.0 or its workshops.
What will I get out of participating in Fish 2.0?
Fish 2.0 will help you to get your business ready for investors, and to meet investors who are interested in your business in your region.
- Each enterprise will have its materials reviewed by 1-4 investors during the competition.
- You will be offered opportunities to work with investors who can advise you on how best to build your business idea and succeed in the competition and in gaining investment.
- Fish 2.0 receives significant media coverage in the seafood press and the popular press globally. See the News on the Fish 2.0 website.
What are my chances of winning?
- Fish 2.0 has a specific track just for South Atlantic & Gulf Coast Shellfish/Crustaceans Businesses. You will work with the same materials, process and feedback as all global businesses, but compete against the companies within your track to gain a spot at the Global Finals.
- All judging is done by investors, using standard criteria for viable businesses.
- Fish 2.0 offers a cash prize to the leading shellfish/crustacean-focused enterprise.
- Fish 2.0 will recognize the top three ventures in this track and invite them to pitch to investors at the competition finals in California.
Shellfish & Crustaceans Track Resources
Building Value in the Oyster Industry
Fish 2.0 Investor Insights 2017. This resource focuses on the market potential and booming value of oyster landings in the U.S. This one-page report also highlights the sustainability of modern oyster production, and specific areas of opportunity for investors to develop and grow the oyster industry.
Fish 2.0 Market Report: Shrimp
Fish 2.0 Investor Insights 2017. This one-page report focuses on the market dynamics and large market potential for Community-Supported Fisheries (CSF) in the U.S., and provides recommendations for how investors can help the sector grow.
Fish 2.0 Investor Insights 2017. This resource focuses on the potential for algae to transform several large industries through their unique attributes and benefits. This one-page report also highlights the specific market opportunities for algae, including applications in biofuel, bioplastics, fertilizer, pharmaceuticals and more.