and fishery business owners were frustrated that investors had no interest.
We created Fish 2.0 to build connections between the groups."
Monica Jain, Manta Consulting and Fish 2.0 Founder
Fish 2.0 builds the knowledge and connections needed to increase investment in the sustainable seafood sector. Fish 2.0 competitors improve their business models and learn how to approach investors. In turn, participating investors gain early access to new deals and learn how sustainable seafood can help build their portfolios.
Our goal is to create the business growth needed to drive social and environmental change in the seafood supply chain.
- Seafood entrepreneurs get the access, training, and connections needed to attract capital and increase their impact.
- With early access to new businesses and industry experts, investors learn about the range and number of opportunities in fisheries and aquaculture.
- Fish 2.0 selects and pools viable, impact-oriented seafood businesses for investors to consider for investment.
- Competitors identify and expand how their businesses’ environmental and social impacts contribute to competitive advantage in the marketplace.
- Seafood entrepreneurs learn how to find the right investors, improve their business models, and pitch their work to attract investors.
- Fish 2.0 seeds cross-sector relationships that generate business growth and innovation long after the competition ends.